Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life is good

I'd like to take a moment to be thankful. It's been on my mind recently. I was sitting at Starbucks today, after skiing for 3 hours at Beaver Creek, ready to do some work remotely for the physical therapy office in Hawaii, PERCH, and it just came to me... I got it pretty good right now! I have a more than comfortable place to stay, some work to keep me a float, and what struck me as grand was.... as I said, I was in a Starbucks, at the base of the mountain, casually doing work after skiing a bit... it's not something that many people have... and I'll take it. I'm surrounded by fresh air, people to chat with, and in a moments notice, I could grab my skis or board and hit the slopes. Pretty sweet!


I'm grateful for what my parents gave me... freedom. I have this opportunity to see this world as long as I have the drive to do so. Many of us can the same though some are bounded by other freedoms. A bit ironic. My parents have always given me that and let me find my own way. The direction I took was out of the box but nonetheless accepted. I think at times, I'm so selfish for living the way I do. I don't know how I can give anything back to them. I hope that me being happy is enough but question it at times.

Thank you Mom and Dad. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment