Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowboard and job

So today was eventful for me. My normal schedule on days where I'm not skiing, I wake up at around 8 am, lounge around for an hour, and then head out with computer to a local cafe. Before doing some work, I usually enjoy my coffee and read a bit of Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. On a side note, I'm not much of a reader. It takes too long and it usually doesn't hold my attention. This book is an exception. It's about an ex-criminal who escapes to India and starts his new life there. The author is very illustrious and I'm fascinated by the world he's introduced. Thanks Nicole for the recommendation. Anyway, back to my regular schedule. After reading a bit, do a couple hours of work until early afternoon. I got it pretty good right now! Though that will stop soon since I got a job! I got a call from Beaver Creek Resorts. I've been waiting for this call for a week. I already knew I was hired from our initial conversation as we discussed setting a schedule and he got some info to order a uniform. So finally, my background check is clear and need to head up to HR to fill out paper work. So guess what I'm going to do? SNOW TUBE ATTENDANT!!!! I get a measley $9/hr but get 50% discounts on food on the mountain (which brings it down to somewhat normal prices, a bowl of chili is like $9 normally) and some discounts on equipment. I think it's hilarious that I'm excited to do it. I hope it's fun. I'm really glad not be stuck behind a desk. Although, that will come in time. On top of it, I can get my unrestricted season pass as early as tomorrow afternoon. So now I can ski a half day before starting on work on Thursday!
Next, I went to Breckenridge to check out a snowboard. I had been in that area last week and got some boots of Craigslist. Quite honestly, I don't really care the quality of the gear. I just need something inexpensive and comfortable. I wouldn't know the different between the various subtleties like the amount of pop in a board and whether its a rocker or something. Now I got a board to go with my boots. It's an older 2005 Sims Chaos board with Drake bindings. What that means... you got me.... the internet can only tell you so much about equipment... and I was getting impatient. The board's a bit beat up and I'll need to shell out some extra dough to tune it up, but not bad for $160. Check out the pics below. Now I can go snowboarding tomorrow!!! I think I'll actually stick to skiing. Don't wanna be all beat up for the first day on the job.





No comments:

Post a Comment