Monday, June 29, 2009

insomnia


So Friday night... saw Transformers and also a documentary called Fuel. Transformers in Imax... disappointing... Fuel was actually interesting. A documentary on biodiesel fuel, alternatives to fossil fuel, and generally conserving the environment. Opened my eyes momentarily. It's hard to be conscious of it during day to day activities. Plus I don't consume fuel directly. I digress...
After that... got back to my place and couldn't sleep.... slept for an hour and woke for no good reason... tossed and turned for another 2 hours before deciding to get up and go out... where to? what's open? well the beach... maybe i need some fresh air, the sound of the ocean would probably help me sleep, but i need a sleeping bag or something... off to walmart... left without a sleeping bag... it would be too warm... bought a straw mat instead... like the one I had at home but significantly less durable and smaller (well maybe it's cause I only used it as a kid)... off to waikiki... went to Duke's statue where i waived hi to a friend via the live webcam they have over there... then chilled on the beach til about 6 am. That's where the picture is from. Interesting night... peaceful beginning to another day....

1 comment: